Here are some voting strategies that others have found useful in previous years:
1. Only dogs rescued through Rescue A Golden of Arizona are eligible to be featured in the calendar. If a non - RAGofAZ rescue dog makes it to the final 10, he/she will receive a $50.00 gift card from PetsMart and special mention in our newsletter and website. Also, if your dog has been in the calendar (as one of the monthly or cover dogs) in the past 2 years it cannot be in the calendar again. You may enter the contest, but you must accept the alternate prize if in the winning group.
2. The contest is broken down into 4 separate weeks. The first week ends on Sunday, April 1st at 8:00 PM Arizona time. At that time, a certain small percentage (to be determined after registration is closed)* of the original number of entrants will be eliminated. The ones eliminated will, of course, be the ones with the fewest votes. In the case of a tie, the first dog entered has the advantage. If, for instance, 100 contestants start in the contest, and we eliminate 15% each week, 15 entrants will be eliminated each week. So on April 1st, 85 will remain; on April 8th, 70 will remain; on April 15th, 55 will remain, and on April 22nd the winners will be determined and announced.
*Based on the number of entrants this year, there will be one dog eliminated each week.
3. Each Sunday evening at 8 PM, all voting totals return to zero. This means that all dogs remaining in the contest, (which will be all but the dog receiving the fewest votes), start the next week with a blank slate. The previous votes received do NOT count towards the total votes in the coming weeks. The winners are determined by the total votes received by the dogs remaining in the final week, not by the total votes received overall.
4. Keep in mind that the contest will heat up as the weeks go on. Check your dog's voting progress--especially on Saturdays and Sundays--to see how he/she is doing. During the 1st and 2nd week, especially, it may take very little to get your dog through to the next round. However, as the weeks pass, the voting will likely become more intense. Bidding too conservatively on Sunday, prior to the cut off time, could cost your dog his/her featured calendar page opportunity!
5. It's easy to invite your friends and family to vote for your cute pup. Just send them this link, or share our email updates on Facebook (by clicking the blue Facebook icon in the upper right of the email) or by simply forwarding the email to your friends and family. They can help get your dog through to the next round.
We'll be updating the voting tally sheet as often as we can, and as the contest draws to an end, we'll be updating it more and more frequently.
Thanks to each and every one of you for participating in our contest. We truly enjoy moderating this contest!
For your information: the moderators personally count all the votes and posts all as soon as possible. Accurate records are kept of all votes cast with receipts of who votes, when they voted and how many votes are cast. Those receipts do not contain any credit card information. All transactions are handled by PayPal and are industry standard secure. The moderators nor any immediate family members do not have any dogs entered into the contest. One hundred percent of the proceeds go directly to the care of RAGofAZ Golden Retrievers.
Please note: Technical difficulties with internet/web server are beyond the control of RAGofAZ.